Music Player

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Conversations with a Stranger

“I wish I could live the rest of my life forgetting,” she told him, distractedly braiding her hair as she gazed out the plane’s tiny square window.


“Forgetting what?” He asked after a pause, turning his head to look at the pretty girl beside him; she had been relatively quiet for the first few hours of their flight. 
She sighed. “Forgetting what it felt like to live.”
Not knowing how to respond to this, he went back to his magazine, pretending to solve a completed Suduku puzzle. He could feel her stare on him.
“What’s your name?” She asked him a moment later.
“Julian.”
“Julian, have you ever  been in love?”
It was a strange question for a stranger to ask, but he answered as honestly as he could. “No. I don’t think so.”
Bored, she turned back to her window. “I have.”
“Oh?” He responded, not quite ready for their conversation to end.
“Yes.” The girl replied, and then fell silent again.

No comments:

Post a Comment